All Natural Food Zone Search Bar

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Food Review #34 Ben & Jerry's Key Lime Pie

Oh, Ben & Jerry's. If you have been a regular reader of this site, you would know of my love affair with both the brand, and it's products. We have had reviewed many of their products before, and all of our reviews of their
have been satisfactory so far, will this one be any different?

Let's find out.

When you first open the pint, you are hit with a whiff of key limes, and an almost key lime pie-like aroma. The ice cream is a solid pale lime green, with hefty portions of pie crust and meringue swirls, and of the tangy lime twist. The pie crust swirl has a flaky, buttery flavor that provides an authentic key lime pie experience. The meringue swirl makes it a bit lighter, and provides a nicer texture to the ice cream.

This flavor is rich, and very flavorful. It is rich, and is a unique flavor, I have never had any other flavor of ice cream that compares to this. The closest thing I could compare it to would be real key lime pie. This tastes like that classic key lime pie, in an ice cream form.

This flavor is a delicious variety of ice cream, and is one of my favorites. It is a limited batch, and they only make so much a year. While, this is not my absolute favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor, this is one of my favorites, and I recommend for you to get some before it runs out for the season.

Overall, I give Ben & Jerry's Key Lime Pie a 10! I recommend stockpiling some of this delicious flavor for the season, so you don't have to wait until it comes back! I highly recommend this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment