All Natural Food Zone Search Bar

Monday, January 28, 2013

Food Review #40 CLIF Kid ZFruit Sour Apple





As we previously promised, the CLIF Bar review saga has not ended yet!

As you probably know, we recently reviews CLIF's Kid ZFruit Rope Fruit Punch we gave it a very satisfactory rating of 10 out of 10. This gave us high hopes for this product, and we were ecstatic when we discovered this at our local natural food store. It sounded delicious, but would it be?

In case if you didn't read our last review, here is some information of the CLIF Kid ZFruit line. A healthier alternative to it's unnatural, and non-organic competitors; the CLIF Kid ZFruit Rope Sour Apple has a full serving of fruit per rope. It also contains no processed, or added sugar, and is gluten-free.

Ths product is situated in a convenient package, available in single-packs or packs of twelve. Each piece is small enough to fit into a lunch box easily, and even into a pocket or purse. This is a very affordable product, with one of the "ropes" going for around $0.99, and are often on sale for around $0.50. You can purchase a pack of twelve for a few dollars.

It is highly uncommon to see "sour" or "green" apple products, other than the fruits themselves. Granny smith apples are one of my favorite fruits, and they often times very unappreciated fruit. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to try this product, and why it drew my attention.

So, let's see how this attention-grabbing product tastes!

This product has fun, and colorful packaging. It is simple, and easy to open. I like the fact that you are able to view the actual product through a transparent area on the front of the package. As my hands gripped the top of the package, and opened it; I smelled an intense, yet realistic and natural-smelling smell of green apples. This aroma wafted through the air, and enticed me even further. As I tasted the product, I hoped it would taste like the aroma, or perhaps even better.

It did, a bit.

When I first tasted this product, I discovered that it had a nice consistency, quite similar to the consistency of the previous CLIF Kid ZFruit Rope product I had tried, Fruit Punch. It was shaped in a very unique, interesting, quirky, and cute rope shape(similar to some licorice). The taste however, wasn't exactly like a green apple. It was more tart, more sour than a green apple. It was more of a sour apple, like the flavor is called. I had expected a green apple flavor, but this truly was a sour apple flavor.

This disappointed me, however it still was a very good product, and still was very delicious. I still liked the flavor, and this product. This sour apple flavor was even more unique than the green apple flavor. This flavor is very delicious, and has a natural, tart flavor; so tart, it made my mouth pucker. This was quite good, I thought to myself.

This has a distinct flavor of apple, and the tartness contrasts nicely with the apple. Is this my favorite CLIF Bar product? No. Is this my favorite CLIF Kid ZFruit product? So far, fruit punch is my favorite, so no.

Despite this, this is a delicious product. It may not be my favorite, but I would buy it again, and again. It is a unique product, and I have never tasted anything like it. Though it's flavor is not the same as a green apple, it is still natural tasting, and is still good.

Overall, the CLIF Kid ZFruit Sour Apple gets a 9 out of 10! I would highly recommend this product, and it is a great product! I love it, kids love it, and I think you will love it. It is the perfect size to fit into a purse, backpack, lunchbox, tote bag, or pocket. It is extremely portable, and extremely affordable. It is certified Organic by the USDA.

This is a delicious product, and you can find these at stores across the US, Canada, and in some stores in the UK, and other nations. You can purchase them off of Amazon, or off of CLIF's online store.

Stay tuned for in the coming days, as the CLIF review saga shall come to an end soon. There are only two CLIF reviews left, and then we shall move on to reviewing other things. Keep coming back to, and keep reading All Natural Food Zone for unbiased and reliable reviews, that you can trust!




No comments:

Post a Comment