All Natural Food Zone Search Bar

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Food Of The Week: Pancakes

Mmm, breakfast. Many say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I agree. I love breakfast and it's one of my favorite meals; whether you have eggs & bacon, or oatmeal, you are having breakfast. There are many things that I love to have for breakfast, but the pancake tops them all. I love pancakes, they are similar to french toast, and their more fancier cousin, the waffle. Pancakes have many names such as flapjacks, griddlecakes, batter cakes, and other names. There are many different variations of pancakes around the world, and food that is like a pancake. There are a lot of different types of pancakes here are some of the main varieties, buttermilk, buckwheat, chocolate chip, blueberry, and much more. The American pancake was invented in the 1600's by Dutch settlers. The most common topping for pancakes is maple syrup, although a lot of people use "breakfast syrup", I do not. Why? Because, I'm used to maple syrup, and like the taste better; plus maple syrup is all natural. Maple syrup was also featured as one of our previous Food Of The Weeks. Buckwheat pancakes are my favorite type of pancakes, they taste great and are really healthy too. Plus most kids love them. Overall pancakes are delicious, and one of the best foods mankind ever invented.

No comments:

Post a Comment