All Natural Food Zone Search Bar

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Food Review #43 Dagoba Organic Chocolate New Moon Bittersweet Dark Chocolate Bar



Oh Dagoba Organic Chocolate, this is our second review of their fine products. Our first review of their products, the Xocolatl bar, received a 10 out of 10. As I said in the previous post, I purchased other products of theirs and I thought that their New Moon bar would be a good followup to the Xocolatl bar.

But will this bar be as good, if not better than the Xocolatl bar?

All Dagoba Organic Chocolate products are at least 95% organic, and is certified organic by the USDA. All of their products became Rainforest Alliance Certified in 2012. For more information of Dagoba Organic Chocolate, you can go to their site here

This bar is made from the same base chocolate at the Xocolatl bar. So, I had very high expectations for this product.

Not long after finishing the Xocolatl bar; I went into my cabinet and retrieved the New Moon bar. Once again, I examined the packaging. It was packaged quite nicely, the smooth paper effectively covering the bar. The bold, exotic font for the logo easily conveys the chocolate sourced from exotic locations for use by Dagoba. Now, enough already, let's open this bar!

I gently open the package, and as I am about to open the second layer of packaging, I discover that there is some writing on the inner-side of the first layer of paper packaging. On it is a story directly from one of the founder's diaries (just as the Xocolatl bar did). This scored further points with me, as I love these kinds of small touches.

As I open the second layer of the packaging, the chocolate starts to come into site. The bar is divided into long sections; each with an artfully carved "Dagoba" logo on the front of each section. The chocolate's smooth surface only further eludes to what the product is described on the packaging as "rich dark chocolate".

As I bite into the bar, the texture is smooth and rich, full-bodied and thick.

And now for the taste.

The flavor of this chocolate is intense. The dark chocolate in this bar is rich and full flavored. At first, the flavor was mainly of the rich, 76% cacao content rich dark chocolate. But after a few seconds, notes of coffee, vanilla, and other flavors arrive on my palate. It quickly becomes apparent that unlike many chocolate bars, this bar does not purely taste of only chocolate; but has many various notes. I didn't like very much dark chocolate before Dagoba, often times dark chocolate was bitter and flavorless. Not with Dagoba. They have once again, shattered both my expectations and my beliefs. Will I still eat milk chocolate? Yes. But, will I eat more dark chocolate? Yes, much more. Dagoba's New Moon Bittersweet 74% chocolate bar has truly changed my outlook on chocolate. Dagoba chocolate, it seems, has changed my life. It has enlightened me, regarding dark chocolate. I am looking forward to trying more Dagoba products, and making more reviews of their products.

Enough of this, how did it do?

Food Review #43 Dagoba Organic Chocolate New Moon Bittersweet Dark Chocolate bar gets a 10 out of 10. Perfect for your love or for yourself, it is great for any day! It is available at stores across the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, and more, as well as on Dagoba's online store here. This chocolate is a great chocolate for everyday, and would be perfect in a Easter basket. For those of you that don't like spicy things; don't fret, try this bar. It has a delicious, rich taste, and is a great everyday bar, with an extraordinary taste. I highly recommend this product, and it is one of the most delicious chocolate products I have reviewed yet.

Keep coming back to All Natural Food Zone, the best food site on the internet, for more reviews of Dagoba products, and more reviews, recipes, remedies, editorials, and more.





8 comments:

  1. Bought this after reading this. Eating it right now! Best chocolate ever I've had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! It is some of the finest chocolate I have had as well, very good quality, very good taste, and a very good product.

      Delete
  2. BEST!!!!!!!! CHOKOLATE EVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIS REVIEW MADE ME BUY THIS, EVEN BETTER THAN I THOUGHT ITT WOULD BE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is very good chocolate, some of the best I have had. To keep journalistic integrity, I cannot say it is the best I have had, but is definitely one of the best.

      Delete
    2. I LOVE DAGOBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Never
    Iced dark chocolate. Liked, nit iced. Not, not nit.

    Anyway.

    Before Dagoba, I hated dark chocolate, and chocolate in general. But once I read this review, I went out to the store and bought a bar. I finished it in an instant, and I bought a case. Going to buy another case, as I love this stuff! It tastes sooooooooooooo gooooooood, toooooo goooood!!!

    Looking fwd to kore Dagoba reviews, you should review their drinking chocolate, I reeeeaaallly want to try ittt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I hope to review their drinking chocolate! I think this chocolate is worthy a buying a case of it. It does taste pretty delicious.

      Delete