- Easy to use ( I have a fractured arm and I can even use it).
- Easy to put together (it only has a few parts which are, the bottom, the top, the carbonator, and the bottle.)
- It can make water to your desired fizziness.
- It is light.
- You do not have to lug a lot of bottles around.
- It does not use any electricity and can be used virtually anywhere.
- It is more green than buying soda and reduces your carbon footprint.
- It is small and ideal for small spaces.
- It is fun to make soda.
- It can fall of the counter easily.
- It is $99.99 and looks like $20.
- It's clunky.
- I do not like the bottles because they are made out of plastic and are not dishwasher-safe.
- The bottles may not screw on all the way.
- Plastic bottles are not as green as glass bottles.
- The mixes are mainly sweetened with Splenda, which is artificial!
- They have Sodium Citrate which can cause Diarrhea, loose stools, nausea, upset stomach, and vomiting( the mixes made me sick for a few days!)
- They taste terrible.
- You can taste that Splenda, diet soda taste.
- Soda tastes very watered down.
- Has artificial colors in it.
- Has artificial flavors in it.
- It is not all natural or organic.
- Everything else!
Overall the Sodastream Genesis soda maker isn't that bad, you should be careful with it. Although I do not like the plastic bottles, there are other models that have glass bottle such as the Penguin, which I haven't tried yet. The Genesis is a little overpriced but it is nice to make your own sodas. For the Sodastream Genesis I am giving it a score of 6 because of the plastic bottles, the clunky design, and the price. And as for the Sodastream Soda Syrups/Mixes, the get a score of 0 because there is nothing good about them! Barely anything is natural, they make you sick (literally), taste terrible, and are mainly sweetened with Splenda! These mixes get a big fat 0 because they are bad. Do not buy the Sodastream Soda Mixes instead make your own or get some from William-Sonoma Soda Syrups or Pittsburgh Soda Pop or other companies. Or you can just buy all-natural, or organic soda, or whatever kind you like just try to stay away from H.F.C.S!